Heli-Kit News #75, 06-Feb-00
1. The forthcoming AH-56A Cheyenne book from Warbird Tech (vol.27) by Tony Landis and Dennis Jenkinson now has it's own preview website. Here you will find five pages of images, including a few other rarely seen Lockheed projects such as the CL-475, the XH-51, and the Model 286, N286L (below).
2. Italeri have completely changed their website; their (rather confused) database now includes the contents of their 2000 catalogue, which features a Longbow Apache on the front cover.
This confirms the 2000 new releases as:
One can also deduce that the following have been deleted from their catalogue this year:
- 1:35 0381 AH-1W SuperCobra (probably ex-MRC) - illustration shows a green & grey USMC bird
- 1:48 0863 WAH-64D Longbow Apache - green, with 16 Hellfires?
- 1:72 1201 AB.204B - an Italian, 15-29, in green & grey camo with yellow bands.
- 1:72 1203 H-21 Gunship - a French 'Banane' with 20mm cannon and rocket pods.
- 1:72 1206 H-19B/S-55 Chickasaw - 'bent tail' USAF Rescue, natural metal and yellow band.
- 1:72 1210 HH-60H Seahawk - USN grey
However, the Mi-28 re-appears under the Dragon label (which is where it originated) as #25011.
- 1:48 0842 Eurocopter Tigre HAP
- 1:72 0027 AH-58D Kiowa Warrior
- 1:72 0076 Ka-29 Helix
- 1:72 0110 Mi-28 Havoc
3. Revell have also updated their website, re-instating the 2000 releases (HKN #69) which briefly appeared and then vanished again; this time with more illustrations. The only new information comes in the picture of the H-19/S-55, which shows a monochrome photo of an unidentified civilian 'bent tail' model. We'll have to wait a little longer to find out whether or not this represents the intended contents of their box.
4. Marco Polo the US importers of Hasegawa, are displaying a Hasegawa 2000 catalogue which contains no suprises:
All are 1:72 except the 1:48 Sea King. The Blackhawks are shown with five crew figures each, the Cobras and the Apache are labelled as 'New', but they must surely be re-issues. No doubt there will also be the usual selection of limited-release special-markings variants over the course of the year.
- A11 / HA00141 - UH-1H Iroquois
- D1 / HA00431 - SH-60B Seahawk
- D3 / HA00433 - UH-60A Black Hawk
- D6 / HA00436 - AH-64A Apache
- D7 / HA00437 - HH-60D Night Hawk
- D13 / HA00443 - SH-60J Seahawk
- E4 / HA00534 - AH-1S Cobra 'J.G.S.D.F.'
- E5 / HA00535 - AH-1S Cobra 'U.S. Army'
- E6 / HA00536 - AH-64 Longbow
- K19 / HA04019 - Mi-24 Hind-A
- K21 / HA04021 - Mi-24 Hind-E
- PT1 / HA07201 - SH-3H Sea King
5. Some more interesting links:
Thanks to Petr Zaoral, Eric Vershuur and Tony Landis.